of the Diocese of Lafayette-in-Indiana
and Affiliated Roman Catholic Parishes, Foundations and Schools (Affiliates)
Our purpose in collecting personal information.
Personal information means information about you which is or can be tied to you as an individual.
We collect personal information to:
- facilitate our ministry,
- administer our businesses, including charitable gifting, and
- respond to legal process.
What information we collect and how we collect it.
The information we collect may include:
- contact information, identification numbers, account numbers, and other information you provide when you do business with us, either on-line or signing up for certain services,
- technical information, (such as your Internet protocol address, your computer's operation system and browser type, and the address of a referring web site, if any, and the path you take through our web pages) when you visit our web sites; and
- financial information provided by you in connection with your transactions with us.
When you visit our web sites, we may place a "cookie," a small computer file, on your computer to help us recognize and serve you better when you return. You may delete this cookie from your computer. You may also set your Internet browser to reject cookies; however, doing so may limit the functionality of our web site.
How we use personal information.
We do not sell or rent personal information to others.
We do not disclose personal information to non-Affiliates except in the following situations:
· when we use service providers and contractors (such as credit card issuers, check cashing bureaus, or data processors, mailing and fulfillment house, membership service or research companies, etc.) for limited purposes to assist us in completing our transactions with you, maintaining or conducting our business, or doing research regarding our relationship with you;
· when appropriate to prevent harm or injury (such as preventing fraud, or handling claims or other liabilities), or to comply with valid legal process and applicable laws.
We may share information with Affiliates for these same reasons unless such sharing is prohibited by law. We may share with Affiliates and non-Affiliates statistical information that does not identify you individually.
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information.
We maintain reasonable physical, technical and procedural measures to limit access to personal information to authorized individuals with appropriate purposes.
Modifications to our privacy policies.
We reserve the right to change our privacy policies at any time, except as may be prohibited by law. Use of our web site or services or the entry into transactions with us after posted changes means that you consent to the privacy policies as changed.
Contact us for more information about our privacy policies.
If you have questions about our privacy policies or would like to correct or update any information, contact us at:
Robert H. Quinn
PO Box 260
Lafayette, IN 47902-0260
E-mail Robert H. Quinn
Revised Effective June 1, 2007