Lafayette Diocesan Foundation, Inc.
(An Indiana Corporation with a Board of Directors)
your Legacy, your Parish, your Diocese
The mission of the Lafayette Diocesan Foundation, Inc.
is to encourage and facilitate the growth and development of the Catholic Church in the Diocese of Lafayette-in-Indiana by:
- Promoting and assisting in securing new endowment funds;
- Providing information to the staff of prospects contemplating charitable gifts;
- Serving as advisor's for the management of endowment funds to maximize returns with prudent investment practices;
- Encouraging responsible stewardship through regular communications with the Pastoral Office for Stewardship and Development; and
Why Invest in the Lafayette Diocesan Foundation, Inc.?
The Lafayette Diocesan Foundation, Inc. acts as a central clearinghouse, allowing us and/or the donor to direct the funds to support the various ministries in our Diocese. It is a professionally managed, centralized, cost effective, and accountable way of financing a wide variety of services within our Diocese.
There are many good reasons to invest in the Foundation. Here is a partial list of the benefits to donors and beneficiaries:
It’s easy and convenient to make a donation to a new or existing Foundation account. A single gift can benefit several worthwhile projects.
A donor-advised fund allows a donor to take an active role in determining which charitable cause to support each year.
A designated fund allows a donor to support specific causes in perpetuity.
A field-of-interest fund allows the donor to choose the area of interest, such as education, mission outreach, seminarians, etc.
A non-restricted fund allows the Board of Directors maximum flexibility in addressing the ever-changing needs of the diocese and its ministries.
A contribution to the Foundation will benefit the diocese, a parish, a school, or other ministry indefinitely. Performance will vary, but your gift will continue to provide a distribution indefinitely.
- Tax Benefits
Contributions to the Lafayette Diocesan Foundation, Inc. a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, qualify for maximum allowable tax deductions.
Methods of Giving to the Lafayette Diocesan Foundation, Inc.
Here are a few ways to make charitable contributions to the Lafayette Diocesan Foundation, Ins.:
- Gifts of Cash — Make checks payable to the Lafayette Diocesan Foundation, Inc., and mail or bring them to the Foundation Office at 610 Lingle Avenue, PO Box 1687, Lafayette, IN 47902-1687.
- Gifts of Securities — You can make a donation of stocks, bonds, or mutual funds and take a charitable deduction for the current value of the security.
- Gifts of Real Estate — You may make a gift of your residence, farm or vacation home, and claim a charitable deduction for the property’s current value.
- Deferred Gifts — Deferred gifts include:
Bequests through a will or trust.
(For specific language, please contact the Foundation office).
- Gifts of life insurance. If you make the Foundation the owner as well as the beneficiary of a paid-up policy, you are entitled to an income tax deduction for roughly the cash value of the policy. If you purchase a new policy and name the Foundation as sole owner and beneficiary, you can claim a tax deduction for the amount of the annual premium.
- Life income arrangements.
- Charitable Remainder Trust: Pays you income annually.
- Charitable Gift Annuity: Pays you a fixed dollar amount annually, part of which is tax-free.
How to prepare a gift to the Lafayette Diocesan Foundation, Inc.
The steps involved in preparing to make a gift vary in terms of specifics from person to person and from the type of gift being considered. However, the following is intended to provide you with a general outline of necessary actions needed:
Meet with Development Office:
The development office will review options, forms and necessary steps with you and provide you with a packet of information describing various giving options.
Review Giving Options:
The diocese offers a variety of giving options and programs. These include Stewardship, Planned Giving, and the Lafayette Diocesan Foundation, Inc.
As of August 2016 there are 108 funds administered by the
Lafayette Diocesan Foundation, Inc.
In 2015 there is over $880,000 available for distribution
Board of Directors
President & Treasurer: Most Reverend Timothy L. Doherty S.T.L.,Ph.D.
Vice President: Very Reverend Theodore Dudzinski, J.C.L., V.G.
Secretary & Assistant Treasurer: Gordon Slack
Lawrence A. Anthrop
Thomas G. Ayer
Daniel Z. Blomeke
James C. Brocke
Reverend Stephen J. Duquaine
Reverend Dennis A. Faker
William P. Gettings, Chairman
Jesica E. Hollinger
Deacon Truman Stevens